Friday, July 9, 2010

Special Lady

The idea of this blog started many months ago but I never got around to putting it together. 

Well, yesterday, July 7, was a very special day in my life...my mom's birthday.  So I felt it was time to start putting thoughts down...hence, the blog.

She would have been 81...the key is the word 'would'.  This very special lady passed away 16 years ago.  She is always on my mind but this weekend...the 4th of July....would have been the time set aside for family to celebrate her birthday and I realized that I haven't used the word Mom in a very long time in that special way.  I went thru a phase of calling her 'ma' (thanks to a friend from Indiana) and she would tell me "I'm mom not ma" but she grew to like the name 'ma' also....she was like that.

So, Mom, this is for you - thank you for being that simple, special mom to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment